Connected and Autonomous Vehicle (CAV) Applications Engineer
McCain, Inc. is looking for a Connected and Autonomous Vehicle (CAV) Applications Engineer. This person will be responsible primarily for all technical aspects of connected and autonomous vehicle systems support that include systems engineering documentation, operational test set-ups, field installations, and pilot deployments, as well as participating in industry standards committees and academia research activities. The CAV Applications Engineer works with internal and external stakeholders.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Working closely with the program manager, sales, marketing, and engineering.
- Develop systems engineering documentation (e.g., concept of operations, technical requirements for hardware/software, test procedures, use cases).
- Assist in setting-up connected infrastructure systems pilot deployments.
- Assist in developing a McCain CAV test site.
- Work with the program manager, sales and marketing to support creation and maintenance of the sales “tool kit” for the sales team. A sales kit might include a well-crafted presentation that describes the product, collateral material, the technology roadmap, the positioning of the product(s) in the market, and the value of the product to the prospective customer.
- Work with engineering team during the engineering development process to ensure products meet customer needs.
- Assist coordinating and ensuring adequate training to transfer technical product knowledge to the sales team.
- Provide technical field support to customer sites, which includes interfacing with customer’s technical staff to assist with setting up equipment at intersections and ensuring it works properly.
Skills and Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering, electrical, computer science, information and communications technology or equivalent experience.
- Experience in the Intelligent Traffic Systems, radio communications and emerging transportation technologies strongly preferred.
- Technical aptitude for electronics and software with traffic controllers, cabinets and related products in the ITS industry.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Must work collaboratively with colleagues.
- Willing to travel.
- Physical activity such as climbing and working in different environmental conditions may be required.
- Work is performed in both a comfortable indoor facility as well as in the field.
- Occasional – Routine deadlines; usually sufficient lead time; priorities can be anticipated; some interruptions are present; involves occasional exposure to demands and pressures from persons other than immediate supervisor.
- Job typically requires handling objects with hands.
- Job typically requires standing, sitting, walking, reaching, talking, hearing, lifting up to 15 pounds, and carrying up to 15 pounds.
- Vision requirements: Ability to see information in print and or electronically.
- Frequently attend meetings and ability to sit for long periods of time during that time.
- Domestic travel up to 20%.
What's in it for you?
- A GREAT work environment with fun, friendly, knowledgeable and helpful team members.
- Stability that provides you with a place to grow and succeed in your career path.
- Excellent benefits that includes medical/dental/life/ltd/ insurances, tuition reimbursement, company-matched 401(k) plan, and more.
McCain is an equal opportunity employer. This employer participates in E-Verify.