McCain is looking for a Field Technician to provide technical support at new and existing traffic signal installations and perform modifications to existing traffic signals in the greater Los Angeles area to include Riverside and San Bernardino.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Perform fieldwork with use of independent judgment. Typical field work consists of but not limited to:
Programming and configuring equipment at a new installation to operate as designed on the signal plans, Modifying existing traffic signal cabinets to operate as designed on the signal plans, Repairing or replacing malfunctioning equipment both new and used.
- Operate aerial equipment.
- Interact with internal and external customers and all levels of personnel.
- Provide one-on-one and group technical training.
- After hours, and/or weekend work are required.
- Migration support for software and hardware.
- Other duties assigned by management.
Skills and Qualifications
- Must have high school diploma or GED.
- Some college or recognized trade school in electrical field. (desired, not required)
- Minimum of 2 years of field experience in related industry.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to maintain high level of professionalism while under pressure.
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision.
- Must be computer literate and have working knowledge of MS Office Suite.
- Must be mechanically inclined.
- IMSA Level 2 or higher with some electronic/electrical working knowledge is strongly preferred.
- Ability to use hand tools including meters and specialty tools.
- Traffic signal product knowledge a plus.
- Traffic maintenance experience a plus.
- Must have good driving record and provide current DMV driving record.
- Willingness to travel. 80% driving to various job sites.
- Must be available for an on-call basis for company/customer needs.
- Physical requirements include some heavy lifting up to 50 lbs. Nearly all work will be performed outdoors at traffic intersections and near freeways. Job also requires driving in vehicle, sitting, handling objects with hands, climbing, standing, walking, bending, reaching, talking, and hearing.
- Occasional – Routine deadlines; usually sufficient lead-time; variance in work volume seasonal and predictable; work volume priorities can be anticipated; some interruptions are present; involves occasional exposure to demands and pressures from persons other than immediate supervisor.
- Vision requirements: Ability to visually see information in print and/or electronically.
What's in it for you?
- A GREAT work environment with fun, friendly, knowledgeable and helpful team members.
- Stability that provides you with a place to grow and succeed in your career path.
- Excellent benefits that includes medical/dental/life/ltd/ insurances, tuition reimbursement, company-matched 401(k) plan, and more.
McCain is an equal opportunity employer. This employer participates in E-Verify.