Material Control Supervisor
McCain is looking for a Material Control Supervisor to ensure proficient receipt, warehousing and distributions of materials in an efficient and effective manner.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Oversee Material Control department in Vista, which includes Stockroom, Receiving and Shipping/Logistics.
- Manage and delegate responsibilities to all Stockroom and Logistics Personnel.
- Managed all of Vista inventory locations – SK, FG, Tech Stocks, Engineering, Slow Moving and IT locations.
- Responsible to maintain inventory accuracy level of 95% or higher by actively supporting the Controlling Department’s daily inventory cycle counts and taking the lead role in resolving root causes of inventory accuracy issues.
- Responsible for making sure we are in compliance with our semi-annual inventory audits.
- Investigate and gather information from multiple sources to resolve issues that may have occurred.
- Participate in the hiring and training process of department personnel.
- Manage the packing of items and the verification of the related paperwork.
- Oversee the company back log reports/sales order back log report.
Skills and Qualifications
- Must have a minimum of 5 years of working experience in high volume shipping, receiving and inventory management environment.
- Minimum 2 years of college education in similar field preferred.
- Previous leadership responsibilities with managing and motivating a warehouse team, including scheduling, training, hiring and disciplining.
- MRP/ERP experience required. Experience with Great Plains a plus, but not required.
- Must be proficient with MS Office Word, Excel, and Outlook.
- Previous responsibility for executing inventory counts, including cycle counts.
- Highly organized, able to prioritize, delegate, multi-task and manage a complex workload.
- Ability to interact with all levels of personnel in a professional manner.
- APICS/Materials Management course work helpful, but not required.
- Strong inventory analysis skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills. Bi-lingual in English and Spanish highly desired.
- Ability to use independent judgment and make recommendations.
- Must be knowledgeable in company policies and practices.
- Work mostly in a controlled indoor environment with some exposures to the elements.
- Occasional – Routine deadlines; usually sufficient lead time; variance in work volume seasonal and predictable; priorities can be anticipated; some interruptions are present; involves occasional exposure to demands and pressures from persons other than immediate supervisor.
- Job frequently requires sitting, walking, standing and handling objects.
- Job occasionally requires kneeling, stooping, forward bending, reaching, and talking. Some occasional lifting and carrying up to 30 lbs.
What's in it for you?
- A GREAT work environment with fun, friendly, knowledgeable and helpful team members.
- Stability that provides you with a place to grow and succeed in your career path.
- Excellent benefits that includes medical/dental/life/ltd/ insurances, tuition reimbursement, company-matched 401(k) plan, and more.
McCain is an equal opportunity employer. This employer participates in E-Verify.